Murphy Company, a mechanical and industrial construction and engineering company, has a long history of quality work. Recent promotions have positioned Murphy to further enhance the level of professional services they offer to an already long list of very satisfied customers.
Scott McIntosh and Bradley Vogt were promoted to Vice Presidents. McIntosh and Vogt work closely as leaders of Murphy Company’s Operations Group.
Senior Vice President, Bob Mathisen said, “It’s a great pleasure for me to congratulate both Bradley Vogt and Scott McIntosh as Vice Presidents with the Murphy Company. Bradley has been with Murphy since 1988 and has been critical to Murphy’s success in the Boulder pharmaceutical community. Brad has also played an important role within our organization helping mentor and grow many of our younger employees that are key to our organization today.
Scott has been with Murphy since 1993 and has been instrumental in building Murphy’s presence in the Colorado biopharmaceutical, mission critical and manufacturing industries. His passion for the industry and the creative thinking that he brings to our mechanical work has been a huge benefit to Murphy and our customers”.
In addition, during the past twelve months, Murphy has promoted and hired talent to further their professional capabilities and customer service in the areas of estimating, project engineering and project management. New hires and recent promotions include:
- Greg Friess, Estimating Manager – Returning for a second tour with Murphy Company and 22 years’ experience in Design, Engineering, and Construction of Commercial and Industrial Piping Systems, Greg is a Mechanical Engineer who is managing the Estimating Group, and handling additional aspects of Sales and Preconstruction. He is very glad to be back in Denver!
- Dan Kaufman, Quick Response Project Manager – Dan has worked in the Plumbing, HVAC, and Process Mechanical Industry for 32 years. Since joining Murphy Company, Dan has contributed greatly to the Quick Response team. This group specializes in projects that are smaller in size and shorter in duration – Dan is currently working on a variety of projects in the medical industry, along with light manufacturing, plumbing and HVAC retro-fitting projects.
- Mark Meston, Operation Project Manager – Mark has 4 years’ experience in estimating and managing within the Plumbing, HVAC, Process Mechanical Industry. He has been focusing on managing multiple Murphy projects in the pharmaceutical field since coming on board with Murphy.
- Justin Pollard, Estimator – Prior to his 4 years of industry experience, both as an estimator and a field pipefitter / welder, Justin served 5 years in the Marine Corps. He transitioned to this industry through the VIP (Veterans In Piping) program in the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices. He has ample experience completing jobs requiring critical tie-ins, complex field layout, and high levels of quality control.
- Hayden Rice & Trevor Sundheim, Northern Operations Project Engineers – Hayden completed an internship with Murphy Company and graduated with his Construction Management Degree from CSU. Trevor is also a recent graduate of CSU’s Construction Management Program, and both gentlemen bring several years of experience in scheduling, estimating, value engineering, material and equipment procurement, and contract management in design-build, plan and spec, and owner direct project deliveries. Hayden & Trevor have joined the newly formed Northern Colorado Operations Group led by Doug Becker. This group performs work in the Northern part of the state along with Southern Wyoming, working on several manufacturing and Food & Beverage projects – specializing in breweries, along with multiple projects in the medical and healthcare industry. Their most notable recent project was an expansion of Woodward Inc.’s new World Headquarters in Ft. Collins, CO.
About Murphy Company: Murphy Company delivers mechanical solutions to the industrial, commercial, institutional and heavy industrial markets. With corporate offices in Denver and St. Louis, and regional offices in Colorado Springs, CO, the firm offers process piping, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, design-build, design assist, ASME code work, piping fabrication, energy solutions and 24-hour service. Murphy is currently ranked 19th on Engineering News-Record’s list of top mechanical contractors, and was recently named Specialty Contractor of the year for 2015 in ENR Mountain States region. Founded in 1907, the firm employs just under 1,000 people nationwide with over 350 in Colorado.